Spanish is the native language of nearly 500 million people, making it the second-most widely spoken language in the world. It is an official language in 21 countries, each with a rich history and culture that are reflected in the grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation of this one language in its many dialectal variations. It is one of the six official languages of the United Nations, and is the second most spoken language in the United States, which currently ranks as the third largest Spanish-speaking country in the world (after Mexico and Colombia).
Degree Types: , ,
- 2 BS options
- Applied Spanish
- International Politics
- Global and International Studies
About the Program
You might like this program if…
- You are passionate about serving others at home and abroad.
- You are fascinated by language, how it works, and how a language changes from one region to another.
- You understand that proficiency in Spanish opens a lot of doors.
- You want to share your passion for the Spanish language and culture with your students, in a career in education.
- You love to travel.
- You are a foodie, a film-buff, a word-gamer, or an adventurer.
- Spanish for Social Services
- Topics in Border Studies
- Advanced Oral Expression and Communication
- Spanish for Business and International Trade
- Crate and Barrel
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- IES Internships
- Penn State College of Information Sciences and Technology
- Medical school
- Law school
- Graduate school to study human resources, speech language pathology, international affairs, communication sciences and disorders, counseling and human services, journalism, industrial and organizational psychology, aging and health, TESOL, paralegal studies, management and leadership, nursing program, Spanish literature, or speech pathology
Consulting, Cultural Leadership, Education, Human Resources, Logistics, Management, Research, Translation