The Japanese program provides students with an opportunity to concentrate on acquiring expertise in an important modern language and its culture. Giving students a strong working knowledge of the Japanese language and understanding of Japanese culture, the program can help prepare students for work in contexts where the language and culture are pertinent, to live and work in Japan as informed and capable individuals equipped with appropriate intercultural skills and awareness, or for graduate study in Japan-related fields. Graduates may work in government service, domestic and foreign offices, or international agencies. Many go on to teach English in Japan or to do translation work. Employment may also be available with trade organizations, international banking houses, or U.S. companies abroad. Domestic and multinational companies are increasingly seeking employees with backgrounds in multicultural studies as a way of dealing with the global market.
Degree Types: ,
- Asian Studies
About the Program
You might like this program if…
- You are interested in Japanese language, culture, history, or society.
- You want to live or work in Japan.
- You are aiming for a career involving travel to Japan and interaction with native speakers of Japanese.
- Japanese Language
- Japanese Warrior Culture Beyond Anime
- Gods to Godzilla
- Japanese Film, Culture, and Media
- Japan in the World
- Law school
- Graduate school to study linguistics, taxation, sociology
Business Analysis, Corporate Strategy, Education, Marketing