International Politics is an interdisciplinary major focused on how power operates within and between states in the international arena. The program combines economics, history, and political science to examine topics such as human rights, ethnic conflict, terrorism, economic and political development and globalization, the environment, foreign and economic policy making, and national security. Students have the option to concentrate in either International Relations, International Political Economy, or National Security Studies.
Degree Types: Bachelor of Arts
- 3 B.A. options: International Relations, International Political Economy, National Security
- Foreign Languages
- African Studies
- Latin American Studies
About the Program
You might like this program if…
- You are interested in learning about different cultures and political systems around the world and how their interactions create and are influenced by political and economic cooperation and conflict. This major is a good choice for students interested in national security, foreign policy, war, crime, and terrorism as well as in languages and history. International Relations is an exciting interdisciplinary major dealing with today’s global problems and potential solutions.
- Politics of Terrorism
- Dictators and their Demise
- Gender and Politics
- War in World Politics
- Psychology of Terrorism
- Political Psychology
- International Relations of the Middle East
- International Political Economy
- Globalization and Its Implications
- Foreign Policy Research Institute
- Various representatives’ and senators’ offices
- United Nations
- Bank of America
- Healthy Democracy
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Marshals Service
- Law school
- Medical school
- Graduate school to study international affairs, politics, economics, tourism management, conflict resolution, ethnic conflict, nationalism, and development, global affairs, European affairs, homeland security, human rights, industrial labor relations, history, paralegal, security studies, and politics
Consulting, Education, Finance, Intelligence, Legal, Management, Sales, Service (Teach for America)
Have questions about this program?
Future students, contact Chantel Harley.
Current students, contact your academic adviser.
This program is housed in the Department of Political Science
at Penn State University Park.