French and Francophone Studies
The B.S. degree in French and Francophone Studies is designed to develop proficiency in the French language and deepen knowledge of French cultural artifacts and frames, allowing students to combine both sets of skills with other academic disciplines. Students receive instruction in small, interactive classrooms that foster communication and exchange. Majors are encouraged to participate in language immersive events such as embedded courses, faculty-led courses, and education abroad. The Business option acquaints students with concepts essential to business. The Engineering option is intended for engineering students who envision using French in their primary career. The Applied French option permits students to combine their French degree with another major or concentration in a professional area in which a command of French can be particularly relevant or useful. All options have a focus on developing proficiency and literacy in French with an eye toward using French in a professional context.
Degree Types: , ,
- B.A. options: Language and Culture, Language and Literature, or Language and Linguistics; B.S. options: Business, Engineering, or Applied French
- Advertising/Public Relations
- International Politics
- Global and International Studies
- Arts and Architecture
About the Program
You might like this program if…
- You are interested in combining your love of French with another discipline.
- You are planning a career in which French proficiency would give you a professional boost.
- You are eager to connect with French-speaking communities in your home community and abroad.
- You seek to cultivate a professional profile that will give you an edge on the job market.
- You aspire to explore the various people, places, and things that make up the French-speaking world.
- Race and Gender Issues in Literatures in French
- Contemporary France
- Women’s History in Post-Revolutionary France
- French for Global Health
- French and Francophone Literature or Culture
- Syngenta Global
- Traveler’s Insurance
- National Security Innovation Network
- Law School
- Medical School
- Graduate School to study classics, education, French, human resources, art history, education, museum studies, and speech-language pathology
Consulting, Education (K-12), Finance/Sales, Government and Politics, Management, Marketing, Nonprofit, Research, Service (Teach for America)