Asian Studies focuses on the history, culture, and societies of Asia. It can include the study of the languages, societies, cultures, histories, economies, and politics of the countries and peoples of Asia. This is an interdisciplinary major, with a strong disciplinary core, for students who want a basic understanding of the background and contemporary aspects of East, Southeast, or South Asia.
Degree Types: Bachelor of Arts, Minor
About the Program
You might like this program if…
- You are interested in the languages, cultures, histories, or societies of one or more of the countries of Asia.
- You are curious about other parts of the world.
- You want to think contextually about cultures, historical trends, social change, and political structures.
- You want to understand the history of the world as a group of systems and as a single system.
- Monuments of Asia
- Vietnam in War and Peace
- Asian Philosopy
- Government and Politics of East Asia
- Law school
- Graduate school to study history and sociology
Education (K-12), Higher Education, Recruiting and Human Resources
Have questions about this program?
Future students, contact Chantel Harley.
Current students, contact your academic adviser.
This program is housed in the Department of Asian Studies
at Penn State University Park.