There are currently no items in this folder.
- Newly elected AAG national councilor Dowler sights social justice On Mar 23, 2017 Penn State associate professor of geography and women’s, gender and sexuality studies, Lorraine Dowler, has been elected as a national councilor for the American Association of Geographers' governing body. She is one of six national councilors and will begin her three-year term on July 1.
- Alumna Jaz Azari's honors thesis sent her on unique path to writing fiction On Mar 22, 2017 Whether it was her academic pursuits or career plans, Penn State and Schreyer Scholar Alumna Jaz Azari hasn't been afraid to make big changes.
- Psychology professor is going back to class On Mar 22, 2017 Koraly Pérez-Edgar is trading her position in the front of the classroom for a seat in the back. She received the Cattell Sabbatical Award, which will allow her to spend the 2017-2018 school year auditing research methods courses, and participating in statistical and methodological workshops.
- Public lecture by Olivenne Skinner presented by the Africana Research Center On Mar 21, 2017 Join the Africana Research Center in a public lecture with Olivenne Skinner, from noon to 1 p.m. April 3 in 216 Willard Building.
- EMS Museum & Art Gallery hosting conversation with Pulitzer Prize winner Wolfe On Mar 21, 2017 The College of Earth and Mineral Sciences (EMS) is hosting a conversation with Pulitzer Prize winner Julia Wolfe along with other events commemorating the history of coal mining in Pennsylvania, from 4-5:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 30, in the EMS Museum & Art Gallery, ground floor of the Deike Building on the University Park campus. The events are free and open to the public.
- Alumni Achievement Award honorees boast early returns On Mar 20, 2017 The Penn State Alumni Association will honor nine outstanding graduates with the Alumni Achievement Award during an official ceremony in late March.
- 2017 Penn State student award recipients announced On Mar 20, 2017 Each year, Penn State honors several students for the highest levels of academic excellence, outstanding leadership and meritorious service. The 2017 Student Award recipients reach across campuses and colleges, and exemplify best practices and achievements among Penn State students, reflecting the University's mission of teaching, research and service. The honorees will receive their awards at a ceremony on Sunday, April 2, at Eisenhower Auditorium. The award recipients are listed below by category.
- Students receive scholarships from the LGBTQA Student Resource Center On Mar 20, 2017 The LGBTQA Student Resource Center, a unit of Penn State Student Affairs, recognizes students each year with scholarships that are open to any LGBTQ+ students attending Penn State.
- Screening of the film ‘Death by Design’ set for March 23 On Mar 20, 2017 The Penn State Center for Global Workers' Rights will offer a screening of the movie "Death by Design, The Dirty Secret of our Digital Addiction" at 7:30 p.m. on March 23 in 112 Chambers Building at University Park. A panel discussion will follow the screening.
- Goodwin, Smucker honored with 2017 McCoy Award On Mar 20, 2017 Penn State students David Goodwin and Abby Smucker have been selected as the 2017 recipients of the Ernest B. McCoy Memorial Award.
- Rankin-Wahlers, Testa, Uliana, Konkle, Gochnauer named 2017 Oswald Award winners On Mar 20, 2017 Five Penn State students in their respective areas of leadership have been honored with the 2017 John W. Oswald Award. Awards were given in the following fields: Jaden H. Rankin-Wahlers, social services, religious activities and student government; Courtney A. Testa, journalism, speech and mass media; Adam A.Uliana, scholarship; Walker Konkle, creative and performing arts; and Kirsten Gochnauer, athletics.
- Davis recognized with Jackson Lethbridge Tolerance Award On Mar 20, 2017 Brian A. Davis, a junior majoring in African-American studies, criminology and sociology in College of the Liberal Arts at Penn State, is the recipient of the 2017 Jackson Lethbridge Tolerance Award.
- Lingwall named recipient of 2017 Eric A. Walker Award On Mar 20, 2017 Noah A. Lingwall, a senior majoring in history in the College of the Liberal Arts at Penn State, has been named the 2017 recipient of the Eric A. Walker Award.
- College of the Liberal Arts Staff Newsletter – March On Mar 17, 2017 This month's staff newsletter includes the February You Rock Award winner, reminders about upcoming staff events, a welcome to new staff members and more.
- Linda Zerilli to deliver annual Kenneth Burke Memorial Lecture On Mar 16, 2017 Linda M.G. Zerilli, Charles E. Merriam Distinguished Service Professor of Political Science and professor of gender and sexuality studies at the University of Chicago, will deliver the Penn State Center for Democratic Deliberation’s annual Kenneth Burke Memorial Lecture in Room 101 of the Hintz Family Alumni Center at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, March 21.