From: Susan Welch
Subject: Burrowes project update -- January 5, 2015
To those interested in the Burrowes building project:
Welcome back. I hope your holiday was a pleasant and productive one.
Work continued on Burrowes over the holiday. Chris Hort has summarized progress below, accompanied by photos.
From Chris: At this halfway point, the project schedule remains on track and the framing and drywall work in the wings is in full swing working from top to bottom. Four mock-up rooms were completed in the North wing, including accent wall colors, to support the set up of office furnishing options by vendors for our review. The shoring and foundation related work occurring in the knuckles will be followed by construction in these areas starting around the end of January.
If you have any project specific questions, please let me know.
- North Wing mock-up rooms complete
- North knuckle shoring continues
- South knuckle underpinning complete
- Core basement equipment pads poured
- Drywall continues in upper floors of wings
- Door frame installation on the top floors of wings
- Sidewalk complete near Chandlee Lab
- Temporary heating installed in core
- Final masonry mock-up to be built
- Framing continues
- Install temporary heating in wings
- Drywall installation on top floors in wings continues
- Needle beams to be installed into North knuckle foundation
North knuckle shoring continues
North Wing mock-up rooms complete - room 138 mock
Sidewalk complete near Chandlee Lab
South Wing - 3rd floor door frames and drywall
Temporary heating installed in core
Core basement equipment pads poured